The Church of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary

In the northern part of Zaniemyśl we will see a post-evangelical church built in 1854-1855. It is a neo-Roman structure with a semi-circular chancel and a soaring tower. Since 1981 it is the church of the new parish of the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
It was erected in 1776-1782 as an evangelical church. Its current condition have remained unchanged since about 1854. After the war in 1945 it was consecrated by ref. Dean Ewaryst Nawrowski. It became the property of the parish through actual usufruct. A decree of ref. archbishop Antoni Baraniak of 7th April 1965 approved the name of “The Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary” and granted the ECCLESIAE character. In 1975 a pastoral centre was established at this church which transformed into a parish.